Lubbock Closed-Cell Spray Foam Contractor
As a market leader in high-performance spray foam insulation, Quick Foam Insulation aims to raise the bar in energy efficiency and sustainable building practices. Closed-cell spray foam insulation is one of the most effective insulating products commercially available, with average R-Values between 6.0 and 7.0. The description “closed-cell” gets its name from the cell structure of the finished insulation material.
Closed-cell spray foam has the ability to function as an all-in-one product, meaning it can reduce additional costs and time during construction. In effect, it functions as an insulator, air barrier, vapor retarder, and in some cases, water-resistive barrier, or WRB.
The blowing agent is captured within the cells which adds to its effectiveness in insulating homes and businesses. In addition, closed-cell foam supplies an inherent air barrier with low moisture vapor permeability, and exceptional resistance to water. The density for closed-cell spray foam is roughly two pounds per cubic foot. The medium density foam supplies large and racking strength to wall assemblies in structural applications.
Closed-cell spray foam is made of uniform cells that maintain their shape upon application. Because the cells are closed and have their own cell walls, they are more rigid. This allows them to trap more air and helps them add to the structural integrity of the building. In this sense, closed-cell insulation provides two benefits over open cell insulation.
Most of the time, closed-cell insulation products are used in remodeling and new construction. Due to their rigidity, closed-cell foams provide more compressive strength and greater impact resistance.
This allows them to withstand more impact from hail and high winds common to the West Texas areas. The main benefits of closed-cell over open-cell spray foam are:
- Closed-cell insulation has a higher R-Value and is better at keeping the heat out or in, depending on the season
- It’s better at keeping out bugs and pests
- It will last longer and maintain its efficiency longer than any other type of insulation
- Because of it’s significantly higher R-Value, HVAC equipment can be down-sized in commercial applications, thereby reducing construction costs
- Closed-cell spray foam insulation functions as an all-in-one product; insulation, air barrier, vapor retarder, and water-resistive barrier (WRB)